This article will help you resolve diagnostics that appear when a filing address is missing on an Ohio generic city return. The diagnostics state:
For individual returns:
- The filing address for an Ohio Generic City return must be entered. One or more generic returns are present without a filing address entry. (ref. #4975)
For S Corp or Partnership returns:
- "An entry is required for the 'City, State, ZIP code' for all Generic cities." (ref. #7938)
- "An entry is required for the 'Filing address' for all Generic cities." (ref. #7937)
- "An entry is required for 'Filing addressee' for all Generic cities." (ref. #7936)
To resolve the diagnostics
For all returns
- Provide the mailing address that appears on the filing instructions and slip sheets.
- Once the information is entered, the diagnostic is removed.
- Entries are mandatory for those cities using the generic return. See ohio.gov for a list of city addresses.