Starting in tax year 2017, ProSeries has a Tax Projection Worksheet in business returns to show impacts of projected tax law changes for the following year
During the diagnostic phase of a final review, if ProSeries detecs a calculation that could be impacted by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017, it will notify you of those tax law changes.
This notification will also mention the Tax Projection Worksheet, which you can use to effectively plan for next year.
The worksheet will populate amounts from the current year return and allow you to make adjustments to see the next year's impact.
How to run Final Review:
- From the Information menu, select Final Review.
- Make sure all boxes are checked and select Review.
- Select Start to begin reviewing the diagnostics and errors.
To access the Tax Projections Worksheet:
- Select Forms, or press F6 to open the Forms window.
- Type "proj".
- Select Two Year Proj, then OK.