How do I generate filing instructions in the Lacerte Tax program?
Solution #1- To generate filing instructions for all clients:
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Options.
- Click on the Tax Return tab.
- Locate the Tax Return Options section.
- Locate the Filing Instructions option.
- Select Yes from the drop down menu.
- Click Ok to apply the changes.
Solution #2-To generate filing instructions for one client file only:
- Go to the Invoice, Letter, Filling Instructions screen:
- Screen 5.1 (Individual)
- Screen 2.1 (Partnership)
- Screen 5.1 (Corporate)
- Screen 4.1 (S Corporate)
- Screen 3.1 (Fiduciary)
- Screen 3.1 (Exempt Organization)
- Screen 3.1 (Estate)
- Screen 4.1 (Gift)
- Screen 2.1 (Benefit Plan)
- Scroll down to the Filing Instructions section.
- Enter a 1 in, Filing Instructions: 1=yes, 2=no [O].
- Note: If no entry is made in the check boxes below, filing instructions will print for your main form and any required estimate forms (&state equivalents). If there is an entry in one or more of the forms below, filing instructions will print for those forms only.