To enter amounts for the Increasing Research Credit (Form 6765):
- Go to Screen 20, Schedule K Credits.
- Select Other Credits from the top left panel.
- Scroll down to the Increasing Research Credit (6765) section.
- Select the box Electing alternative simplified credit, if applicable.
- Select the box Elect reduced credit (Section 280c), if applicable.
- If this box is selected, Lacerte will mark Yes on Line 17.
- Lacerte will multiply the amount on Line 16 by 13% and the amount on Line 40 by 65%.
- Enter the applicable expenses in the remaining fields to flow to Form 6765.
The credit will flow to the Schedule K(1065), Line 15f, Other Credits, and to the Schedule K-1, Box 15 with a code L.
If entering this information from a passthrough K-1:
- Go to Screen 23, Passthrough K-1's.
- Scroll to the Credits (15) section to enter the amounts.