Before you start:
- ProSeries Basic doesn't support e-filing New York IT-204-LL.
- To install the New York IT-204-LL in ProSeries Professional, make sure you've installed the NY Partnership.
- ProSeries will only generate the IT-204-LL from a federal Schedule C.
Preparing Form IT-204-LL
To prepare Form IT-204-LL for a Single-Member Limited Liability Company (SMLLC) return, complete the preparation of the federal Form 1040 return and follow the steps below:
- In the Federal Information Worksheet Part VI, select the box under Electronic Filing of Other Payments (NY IT0204-LL or Utah Individual Return Payment).
- In the Payment Options* grid, select NY Form IT-04-LLC from the dropdown menu.
- Open federal Schedule C for the SMLLC.
- On the form, select the box labeled Check this box if filing the Schedule C as an LLC in CA, NY, TN, or TX.
- From the File menu, select Go To State/City.
- Select New York State Partnership and select OK.
- If New York State Partnership isn't an option, select Add State and make sure you've selected NY under the Form 1065 column.
- On the New York State Partnership Info Wks, complete Part VI – Form IT-204-LL Electronic Funds Withdrawal Information (E-Filing Only).
- Complete the New York Form IT-204-LL. Then, Save the return.
- The entry for Electronic filing of the IT-204-LL on the Federal Info Worksheet Part VI, and this entry on the NYS Partnership Worksheet must match, otherwise errors will appear here.
- The electronic filing signature authorization form for E-filing the IT-204-LL is Form TR-579-PT available in the NY State Partnership.
- Go to the EF Center HomeBase.
- You'll find a separate row identifying the NY IT-204-LL return, marked with the Return Type of NY Pmt.
- When you're ready to e-file, select just the NY Pmt row and send the return as you would any other e-return.
Generating more than one IT-204-LL
You can only attach one SMLLC return per Individual return.
If you need to make a second SMLLC return for the same file:
- Open the client's federal return.
- From the File menu, select Save As.
- Give the new file a slightly different name in the Save As box and select Save. This will take you to the new file.
- Modify the file to include the information for the second IT-204-LL.
Filing Form IT-204-LL by the due date
Per the IRS IT-204-LL-Instructions, you must file Form IT-204-LL on or before 15th day of the third month following the end of your tax year.
If the due date falls on Saturday, Sunday, or a legal holiday, you can file Form IT-204-LL and the annual filing fee on the next business day.