The steps below will help you download and restore files you converted from a different tax program to Lacerte. You can download all converted files the same way, however, steps for restoring the files will differ based on whether you converted your clients to Lacerte 2023 or converted to Lacerte 2022 to print organizers.
Step one - Download your converted data
- Select the Import dropdown menu.
- Select Client Data Conversion and select on Download Converted Client Data.
- Enter your Username and Password, then select the Login button.
- A screen will appear listing the batch(es) you submitted for data conversion.
- Select the box next to the completed batch to be downloaded, then select the Download button.
- Only one batch can be selected at a time for download.
- Select Done to close the Tax Data Conversion wizard.
Step two - Restore the converted clients
If you converted clients to Lacerte 2023:
The Transferring Clients window will appear after your download and show the progress of the transfer; this might take longer if you're importing a lot of clients. Once the progress is complete, you can switch to any other tax types you converted and start their transfer. To switch tax types:
- Select the Client menu from the top of your screen.
- Select Tax Type.
- Select the appropriate tax type.