Below are solutions to frequently asked questions about entering Form 8825, Rental Real Estate Income and Expenses of a Partnership or an S-Corporation, in the Partnership return.
How do I generate Form 8825 in the program?
- From the Input Return tab, go to Schedule K ⮕ Rental Real Estate.
- Enter any applicable information on this screen.
- Under the General Information section, make sure the 1=delete this year, 2=delete next year field is blank.
- Entering 1 or 2 in field box will prevent the entry from appearing on Form 8825.
How do I link depreciation to Form 8825 instead of Form 1065?
- From the Input Return tab, go to Ordinary Income ⮕ Depreciation.
- Select Details for the applicable Asset.
- Locate the Asset Information section.
- Select Form 8825, Rental Real Estate in the Form dropdown menu.
- Choose the corresponding rental activity in field Activity name or number.
Why does Form 8825 generate as blank when rental activity is absent?
Form 8825 will generate as blank if a number is entered in the If disposition applies to rental, enter rental number (enter as a negative if not real estate) field located under the Form 4797 section of the Dispositions screen. If you remove the entry, Form 8825 will stop generating.
Where do I enter distributions that were reported on a K-1 issued to another Partnership or S-Corporation?
There aren't direct inputs specifically for distributions on the Passthrough K-1's screen in the S-Corporate or Partnership returns. You'll need to enter distributions from another passthrough entity in the input screen where you'd report distributions from the entity itself.