Below, you'll find answers to frequently asked questions about Arizona special allocations for Partnership returns in Lacerte.
How do you enter special allocations that aren't the same as federal allocations in a Partnership return?
When you allocate on Screen 29, Special Allocations, and you have state information with different amounts from federal, you must separately allocate on Screen 39, Special Allocations.
Otherwise, the state will use the partner percentages on Screen 8, Partner Percentages. Each state varies on what you can allocate depending on what's reported on the Schedule K-1 equivalent.
To allocate to the state:
- Go to Screen 39, Special Allocations.
- Under the St. Spec. Alloc. panel, select the state you wish to allocate amounts for.
- Under the Section panel, select the area of income you wish to allocate for.
- Select the partner you wish to allocate to.
- In the field labeled Allocation Amount, enter the desired amount.
- Repeat steps 2–5 as needed.