PDFs can't be attached to returns after they've been transmitted for e-filing.
PDF files can be attached to the following business return types:
- Corporation (Form 1120)
- S-Corporation (Form 1120S)
- Partnership (Form 1065)
- Tax-Exempt Organization (Form 990)
- Fiduciary (Form 1041)
Follow these steps to attach a PDF to a business return:
- Open the return.
- From the E-File menu, select Attach PDF File.
- Select the PDF file you wish to attach and click Open.
- In the Type column, select the specific form or choose Other.
- If you selected Other in the Type column, enter a description of the attachment in the Form/Schedule and Description column.
- Click OK to close the window.
- In the EF Center, the paper clip icon represents the PDF Attachments column.
- How do I attach PDF files to federal or state electronic filing?
- Creating PDF Files of Tax Returns in ProSeries