How do I update user options for all users through Primary Options?
Primary Options allow network administrators to adjust the options for all users. Note: Primary Options is only available if you have a Network license. Standalone licenses will not see Primary Options under the Tools menu. ALL USERS MUST BE OUT OF THE PROGRAM BEFORE MAKING CHANGES.
To update options for all users using Primary Options:
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Primary Options.
- Click on the following tab(s) and make the desired changes to the Primary Options:
- Trustee Rights
- Items to Print
- Tax Return
- Firms Info
- Click on OK after you have made the desired changes.
- Click on the applicable option:
- Click on Reset All Options to reset all the options for all users, or,
- Click Current Changes only to update the current changes to the options for all users.
*Note- Selecting Reset All Options will change all users programs options to match your Primary Options. Selecting Current Changes Only, will apply only the changes you made during this session to everyone on the network.
- Next you will see an Information dialog box informing you that all users must exit the program in order for the changes to take affect. If any users remain in the program before clicking OK, the changes will not be applied to their options.