After updating to the newest Version of DMS, the Folders do not show TY?? (Where ?? = the tax year) or any of the sub folders.
This is due to hitting cancel on the Attention! pop up (That is shown below) that occurs when you apply folder templates.
Here is the pop up that is cancelled.
Ensure you have made a backup of your DMS database. To do so, follow this Article.
If at all possible, it's best to do this on the system where the database is located or you can copy the database to a local machine and do it there. The key is to ensure you are not doing it over the network as a disconnection can break the database.
Ensure you follow this article if you have any type of backup service or real time shadow copy service running because if you don't, your database folders will be corrupted and you will need to call support.
- Click Tools then Options.
- Click the Folder Template Tab.
- Highlight the sub folders underneath the TY15 folder then click Copy on the right.
- HIghlight Client at the top then Click Add on the right, type in TY16 and click OK.
- Make sure TY16 is still highlighted/selected and click Paste on the Right.
It will take some time to apply. If it gives an error half way through, call support for help.