The following e-file critical diagnostic may generate:
e-file: Form 1310: Person Claiming Refund Signature Explanation must be significant. You must enter an explanation in addition to the federal requirement for California e-filing of Form 1310. (ref. #6877)
How to resolve diagnostic ref. 6877
To resolve this diagnostic:
- From the Input Return tab, go to Miscellaneous Forms ⮕ Deceased Taxpayer (1310).
- Scroll to the California Electronic Information (1310) section.
- In the field labeled Signature explanation, enter the Decedent Representative Signature Explanation.
Keep in mind that:
- This is an e-file only field. Information you enter here stays in the authentication record of the e-file and doesn't print anywhere in the Forms tab.
- The signature explanation may contain the decedent representative type (For example, executor, surviving relative, or sole beneficiary). The state doesn't provide specifics for this explanation