This article will help resolve the following e-file transmission error, when customers are attempting to e-file a 900 return. When this error occurs, there's typically a state on the return.
- There should be either a payment amount or refund amount extended attribute, but not both. Please verify that your application program is up-to-date. Problem occurred transmitting e-file data.
To clear the e-file transmission error:
- Create a copy of the return.
- On the original, go to Profile.
- Delete the state from the return.
- E-file the federal.
- Add the state back.
- If the state is California, you can try e-filing CA by itself.
- After making sure the state return is correct, after adding it back, print the state return, and mail it to the respective agency.