You can post to EasyACCT's General Ledger using manual or automatic posting. Keep reading for steps on how to do both.
Manual posting to the General Ledger
Manual posting occurs when you print certain reports to the screen or printer, including:
- Payroll: the Payroll Journal or the General Ledger Distribution report one month at a time.
- General Ledger: the General Ledger for each month.
- The General Ledger report posts transactions; the Cumulative General Ledger doesn't. It only lists transactions for the specified period.
- Accounts Payable: Select dates and month to post.
- Accounts Receivable: Select dates and months to post.
- Asset Depreciation: General Ledger transfer in Data File Utilities.
You can re-run these reports and journals and the program won't double-post.
Automatic posting to the General Ledger
Automatic posting allows EasyACCT to post transactions to the general ledger and selected journals in real time as you enter them.
By default, automatic posting is enabled. But if you aren't using automatic posting, manual posting will print certain reports to the screen or printer.
- There are two automatic posting settings:
- The System-level setting that applies to all companies.
- The Company-level setting that applies to individual companies.
System-level automatic posting options
Upon opening EasyACCT after the initial installation, the program will prompt you to enable Automatic Posting Options.
To enable automatic posting:
- Select the checkbox next to each applicable module.
- For Accounts Receivable (AR) transactions, indicate whether they should post as an AR journal entry or as a Sales journal entry.
- For Depreciation Journal entries, enter a reference number for the journal entry.
- For example, JE88.
- Select Yes.
You can access these settings later from the Company Selection screen:
- Select System, System Utilities, System Characteristics.
- Select the Automatic Posting Options tab.
Company-level automatic posting options
To override the system-level posting options for a specific company, follow these steps:
- Open the company.
- Select System, then Company Wizard.
- In the Wizard, select Automatic Posting Options.
- Select the box labeled Override current Automatic Posting for this company.
- Select the checkboxes to enable automatic posting for the selected module, or unselect them to disable automatic posting.
- Select Finish.