Down below we will go over how to map a network drive in Windows.
Windows 10 (and 8, 8.1)
- Open File Explorer and right-click This PC.
- Click the Map Network drive.
- Select the drive letter you want to use and then click Browse.
- Navigate to the folder you want to map and click OK.
- Confirm your selection and click Finish. You can choose to reconnect to the folder every time you sign in so it's always available.
If you have mapped the network drive but are unable to set the Data Path to the mapped drive through the prior year programs (06Tax and prior years) then please perform the following steps:
This requires modification of the Windows Registry. Serious problems may occur if the registry is modified incorrectly. Intuit strongly recommends having an IT professional make these changes if you are not comfortable with editing the registry. It's also strongly recommended to make a backup of the registry before proceeding. See here for further instruction.
- Edit the following Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesSystem and add the DWord Value of EnableLinkedConnections and enter a 1 for the value.
- Reboot the computer for the changes to take effect.