This article will help you understand:
- Why the clients Intuit Link status defaults to Invitation Accepted in the current year.
- How to send a checklist to a client whose link status is Invitation Accepted and not Invite.
Clients who have used Intuit Link in previous years will have an Invitation Accepted status in the current year when they're profomaed. This means they've accepted the invitation in either the current year or in a previous year.
Selecting the Invitation Accepted hyperlink in the clients list will only open the web browser and take the preparer to the Intuit Link website.
To send the checklist, engagement letter, or questionnaire, from the current tax year program:
- Select the client in the Clients list.
- To send a checklist to multiple clients, select multiple clients in the clients list first. The maximum number of clients that can be sent a checklist via Intuit Link at the same time is 15.
- Select the Tools menu and hover the cursor over Intuit Link.
- Select Invite Client to Intuit Link.
- This will open the Invite Clients to Use Link window where you can select the engagement letter, questionnaire, and/or checklist.
- Select the desired options, then Invite.
The taxpayer will receive an email stating the preparer has updated their checklist, and will direct them to sign-in to Intuit Link to complete the checklist.
The items sent from the current tax year program will appear in that year's folder when the taxpayer signs in to their Intuit Link portal. For example, if the preparer sends the TY20 checklist, the taxpayer will see those questions in their TY20 folder.