This article will help you resolve the error BTRIEVE 86 File Table Full when trying to open a company from the Company Selection screen or Transaction Data Entry screen.
Follow these steps:
Reboot your computer to see if that clears the error, otherwise, see the following:
- Right-click on the EasyACCT icon and select Run as Administrator.
- Open the company or enter transactions.
- If the Btrieve 86 error reoccurs, close EasyACCT.
Open Task Manager:
- Right-click on your taskbar and select Start Task Manager.
- Go to the Processes tab and select the Image Name column to sort.
- Find W32MKDE.EXE and select End Process.
- Close Task Manager.
If the error continues:
If the error continues, you'll want to delete the Btrieve Technologies key from the Windows Registry. To do this, follow these steps:
- Close EasyACCT.
- Select the Windows Start menu.
- In the search field, enter regedit.
- Right-click on the Registry Editor search result and choose Run as Administrator.
- Choose Export from the file menu.
- Choose Desktop from the left navigation tree. Name the file RegistryMMDDYYYY where MMDDYYY is today's date.
- Select Save to create a backup of your registry.
- Expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder from the left side of the Registry Editor.
- Expand the Software folder.
- Expand the WOW6432Node folder.
- Locate the Btrieve Technologies folder.
- Right-click the Btrieve Technologies folder and select Delete.
- Select Yes to delete the key.
- From the file menu choose Exit.
If the error continues, contact EasyAcct technical support.