If the amount of sales tax charged on your order is incorrect and your order isn't Download only, contact Customer Service so we can obtain a copy of the state documentation showing the correct tax amount.
- This allows Intuit to update your account and refund any extra charges.
What happens after sending the required documents?
- The amount of sales tax will be updated based on state documentation. (The update may take 5 to 10 business days).
- Once complete, you'll see the correct sales tax charges on future orders or service fees.
- After we receive and validate a copy of the state certificate, refund requests for incorrect sales tax charges are processed.
- We're limited on how far back we can refund sales tax.
- Refund requests rates change. Once they do, our system will update appropriately.