When ordering Lacerte and ProSeries programs, there are two delivery options available: Download Only or With CD. When using Download Only delivery option, when the program is release, you'll be able to download the software within 24 hours from the time you place the order, compared to waiting for a CD to arrive in the mail.
Some states allow sales tax breaks:
- If you live in AK, AR, CA, DE, FL, GA, ID, MO, NV, OK, and VA, you won't pay sales tax on your Lacerte or ProSeries tax software licenses, in-season pay-per-return (PPR) charges, or in-season pay-as-you-go (REP) charges.
- If you live in CT you're eligible for a reduced tax rate of 1% on your Lacerte or ProSeries tax software licenses, in-season pay-per-return (PPR) charges, or in-season pay-as-you-go (REP) charges
- If you live in NJ or SC you'll incur tax on EF transactions but not on your tax software license.
- If you live in CO you won't pay state sales tax, but they do collect local tax depending on the county and this may be more than 1%.
- MD and IA no longer offer reduced sales tax for download only delivery options. Iowa Dept of Revenue made this change effective 1/1/2019 and MD made this change effective 3/14/21.
- To qualify for sales tax exemption, you may not receive any physical media. No exceptions based on state taxing mandates.
- State rules change often so verify the current sales tax exemptions with the state before enrolling in this offer.
Frequently asked questions
How does it work?
When the product is released, typically the first week of November, instead of receiving a CD of your Lacerte or ProSeries software, you'll receive an email with a link to where you can download and install your software directly to your computer. You can also access this link through My Account any time after the products are released. See here for Lacerte or here for ProSeries for a step by step walkthrough.
Can I still get a CD?
With the Download Only Delivery option, you won't receive a CD of your tax software. Also, once you receive a CD, you can't later switch to Download Only Delivery.
How do I sign up?
- New and existing Lacerte REP Customers: Your account will automatically be enrolled in our Download Only Delivery option.
- New and existing Lacerte Customers: Contact Sales via phone and request enrollment in our Download Only Delivery Option.
- New ProSeries Customers: Contact ProSeries Sales.
- Existing ProSeries Customers: while completing your renewal online, select the Download Only Delivery checkbox to enroll in this service option. You can also contact ProSeries Sales.
For more information on how to contact Lacerte, as well as our operating hours, see here.
For more information on how to contact ProSeries, as well as our operating hours, see here.