Schedule O, Supplemental Information to Form 990, provides supplemental information for responses to questions in the core form or schedules. Schedule O is completed if necessary, based on answers to various questions on Form 990 throughout your input on different screens. This article will help you locate the most common inputs that trigger Schedule O in ProConnect Tax.
Follow these steps to complete the questions for Form 990, Part VI:
- From the left of the screen, select Informational and choose Information Questions (990).
- From the top of the screen, select Governance.
- Locate the Governance, Management, Policies, and Disclosure (990, Part VI and 990-EZ, Part V) section.
- For the various questions, check the applicable box, and complete the associated description.
Questions that affect Schedule O:
- Officer, director, trustee or key employee have a family or business relationship with another (990 Line 2)
- Delegated control over management duties to a management company (990 Line 3)
- Organization made significant changes to organizational documents (990 Line 4) [990EZ Line 34]
- Aware of a material diversion of the organization's assets (990 Line 5)
- Organization has members or stockholders (990 Line 6)
- Organization has members, stockholders, or other persons who may elect members to governing body (990 Line 7a)
- Decisions of the governing body subject to approval by members, stockholders, or other persons (990 Line 7b)
- Contemporaneously document meetings held or written actions undertaken by each committee with authority to act on behalf of governing body (990 Line 8b)
- Any officer, director, trustee, or key employeee that can not be reached at organization address (990 Line 9)
- Organization has local chapters, branches, or affiliates (990 Line 10a)
- Copy of Form 990 provided to governing body before it was filed (990 Line 11)
- Organization regularly and consistently monitor and enforce compliance with the conflict of interest policy (990 Line 12c)
- Compensation review and approval by independent persons, comparability data, substantiation of the deliberation for CEO, executive director, or top management (990 Line 15a)
- Compensation review and approval by independent persons, comparability data, substantiation of the deliberation for other officers or key employees (990 Line 15b)
- Describe disclosure of governing docs, policies, and financial statements (990 Line 19)
Schedule O direct input
In addition to the automatically generated Schedule O items, you can find direct input on the Form 990 Schedules > Schedule O Supplemental screen.
Items entered here will print first on the Schedule O. They'll print in the same order you entered them.