To generate 990-PF, Part XV:
- Go to Screen 43.3 Grants & Allocations (990/990-PF).
- Complete the Donee/Recipient information.
- Select the appropriate Grant Type from the drop down.
- Enter either the Cash amount given, or complete the Noncash subsection.
- Locate the Form 990-PF, Part XV subsection.
- (If applicable) Check the box Approved for future payment.
- Select the applicable Foundation status of recipient from the drop down menu (required).
- Press Ctrl+E while in Purpose of grant or contribution (Ctrl+E) and enter the purpose of grant or contribution (required).
- To enter more Donees/recipients, click Add from the left navigation panel and repeat Steps 2-8 for each item.
Note: If Part XV does not generate after making the required entries:
- Verify the foundation had at least $5,000 worth in assets during the year. If the foundation had less than $5,000 worth in assets, Part XV will not generate. Form 990-PF, Part VII-A, Line 7 will mark Yes if the foundation meets this requirement.
- An amount is entered on Screen 36, Operating & Administrative Exp. (990-PF) under Cont, gifts, grants paid (see Screen 43) [O].
- Grant type (Ctrl-T) needs to be marked with corresponding entries in the Cash amount given or Noncash fields.