Follow these steps to enter the ID excess contributors:
- Go to Screen 16, Contributions, Gifts, and Grants.
- Select Schedule of Contributors under Gifts, Grants in the left navigation panel.
- Make sure you've already set up contributors.
- If you haven't, set up any contributors now by using the Add button in the lower left corner.
- Make sure there's an amount entered under Cash contributions for each contributor.
- Go to Screen 52, Charity Status & Support (Sch. A).
- Under Schedule A in the left navigation panel, select ID of Excess Contributors.
- Click the arrow in the Link to contributor for [YY+00] amount (from Screen 16) field and select a contributor from the dropdown list.
- Enter any contributions for prior years in the fields below.
- Any current year contributions should flow from Screen 16, Contributions, Gifts, and Grants, or they can be overridden on this screen.
The excess contributions should now flow to the Schedule A, Part II, line 5, column (f).