You can use the Tax Data Conversion Wizard to securely, quickly, and easily upload and download client data files for migration to the ProSeries program.
Do the following before submitting the client data for conversion:
- Install the most recent version of ProSeries Basic or ProSeries Professional.
- Back up the client data files from the software vendor you're migrating from.
- If you need assistance, go to the "Ready to Submit Your Data?" section of the ProSeries Data Conversion webpage and select the PDF instructions from your software vendor.
Follow these steps to submit client data for conversion:
- Launch ProSeries.
- Under the Import menu, select Client Data Conversion and choose Submit Client Data for Conversion.
- For ProSeries Basic, the menu option is located under Tools.
- Enter your username and password to sign in.
- Click Next on the Intuit Tax Data Conversion Wizard screen.
- In the Select the software to convert from field, click the dropdown arrow to select the applicable software.
- The Select the Intuit Software to convert to field will default to ProSeries.
- In the Select the Tax Year to convert from field, click the dropdown arrow to select the applicable tax year.
- Complete the Please enter a unique beginning client number field.
- Click Next.
- From the list of all the client files, uncheck the box for any files that you know you won’t need to convert.
- Click Submit.
- The Confirmation screen will appear stating the estimated time for the completed conversion.
- An email will be sent to the email address that appears when the conversion is complete.
- Click Done to close the Tax Data Conversion Wizard screen.
Refer to the Data Conversion Quick Reference Guide for more information on the data migration process.