The Tax Data Conversion Wizard is a new application that’s designed to securely, quickly and easily upload and download client data files for data migration to Lacerte.
Before proceeding with the data conversion, you should:
- Install the most recent version of Lacerte.
- Check out this resource for information about installing the program.
- Back up the client data files from the software vendor you’re transferring from.
- For backup instructions, go to the Data Conversion webpage and select your instructions under “Ready to submit your data?”
- Verify the backed up files are the expected type.
- You can verify this by comparing your backup to the information in the backup instructions.
Follow these steps to submit client data for conversion:
- Open Lacerte.
- From the Import menu, select Client Data Conversion and choose Submit Client Data for Conversion.
- Sign in to your account.
- Click Next on the Intuit Tax Data Conversion Wizard screen.
- In the Select the software to convert from field, click the dropdown arrow and select the applicable software.
- The Select the Intuit Software to convert to field will default to Lacerte.
- The Select the Tax Year to convert from field will show the year of files that are currently being accepted.
- In the Select the Tax Year to convert to field, select which year of Lacerte you'd like the files returned in.
- If you need to use the Organizer, select the same year as Select the Tax Year to convert to but note the data itself is the same.
- Enter the Please enter a unique beginning client number field.
- From the list of all the client files, uncheck the box for any files that you know you won’t need to convert.
- Click Submit.
- The Confirmation screen will appear stating the estimated time for the completed conversion.
- An email will be sent to the email address that appears when the conversion is complete.
- Click Done to close the Tax Data Conversion Wizard screen.