Before you start:
- When you transfer or proforma your clients, you start in the prior year program. An update will typically become available around October which enables the Proforma Wizard.
- Open the previous year version of Lacerte. For example, if you are transferring to 2022, open 2021.
- From the Tools menu, choose Lacerte Updates.
- Statements and worksheets entered on Screen 47 of the Individual module will proforma.
- For instructions on transferring your program settings to the current year of Lacerte see here.
- Lacerte will already be updated to the latest version in the Right Networks environment.
Transferring all your client data to the current tax year using the Proforma Wizard
- Open Lacerte 2021.
- From the Tools menu choose Transfer Clients (Proforma to 2022).
- When the Proforma Wizard starts, select Next.
- Choose Transfer all my clients for all my modules at once and click Next.
- Lacerte will show you a Module Initialize screen while it preparers the data.
- Select Typical (Recommended) if you use the Lacerte default locations and click Next.
- Review your setting and click Transfer Now.
- If a Diagnostics Results window appears it means the client may have a critical diagnostic, such as the taxpayer is deceased. We recommend printing this for later review.
- Click Finish.
- Open Lacerte 2022 and the transfer will be automatically completed. If Lacerte was already opened, from the Client menu, choose Refresh.