Before you start:
- The client analyzer query can be used for most federal return types except 990, 709, and 706.
- Some state-level queries are available.
- The client analyzer query isn't available in ProSeries Basic.
- You can't create custom queries.
Running Client Analyzer Query:
- Open ProSeries.
- From the HomeBase View dropdown select Client Analyzer Queries.
- Under Select Return Type use the dropdown menu to make your selection.
- Under Select Query review the available options to find the one that best meets your needs.
- Select Go for the query to begin.
- If any returns are password protected, you'll be prompted to enter the password. Enter the password to include that return or select Cancel to remove that return from the query.
- Once finished, you'll see a message summarizing how many clients were found.
- Select Close.
- To print the list of clients, choose Print Clients in the lower left corner.
- To export the list of clients to a excel:
- From the HomeBase menu, select Export View.
- Select Yes on the warning.
- Choose your save location and select Save.