How do I generate an Ohio City Tax Return?
- Go to Screen 1, Client Information
- Select the Add cities link under the Returns section from the left navigation panel
- Type or select a city
- Go to Screen 54.123, Ohio Cities
- Select Add under the City section from the left navigation panel
- Select the city from the Name of City (Ctrl+T) drop down menu
- Enter the filing address (Lacerte doesn't populate this for most cities), other income, credits, and estimates for each city.
- Repeat the above steps for each OH city
- Multiple city returns are displayed at the Forms menu from a drop-down list at the top of the screen rather than being listed separately in the "State" or "Form" navigation list on the left side of the screen. You will need to select OH - Generic from the State form list, and then utilize the drop down in the upper right section of the program to toggle between multiple city returns.
- In Wages, Salaries, and Tips (screen 10) there is specific input for local wages and withholding applicable to the state/s entered for the return.
- City income and deductions may also be included Business Income (screen 16), Rental and Royalty (screen 18), or Pass-through K-1 (screen 20)
- Do not enter city codes through Batch Input; they appear only when selected from the drop down menu for Name of City
For specific questions about member cities or tax rates, visit the following links:
- CCA instructions: http://www.ccatax.ci.cleveland.oh.us/
- Other Ohio municipal forms: http://tax.ohio.gov/