This article will assist you with generating New York Form IT-360.1, Change of City Resident Status, in the Individual module of Lacerte.
Follow these steps to generate Form IT-360.1 in the program:
- Go to Screen 54, Taxes.
- Select New York Change of City Resident Status (IT-360.1) from the left St. Taxes box.
- Complete the necessary entries under the NYC or Yonkers column:
- City resident from
- City resident to
- County while nonresident.
- Number of full months in residence period.
- This must be entered to prorate the standard deduction and dependent exemptions on Form IT 360.1.
- Allocation percentage (xx.xx)
- This will allocate the Federal amounts to NYC or Yonkers.
- Scroll down to the Income and Adjustments section and complete any applicable fields.
- Only enter amounts in this section to override the amount calculated by the Allocation percentage (xx.xx) entry or to provide an amount if no percentage is present.
- Scroll down to the Itemized Deductions (NYC only) section.
- Enter any amounts in this section that apply to the taxpayer's period of residence in the city if you did not enter an Allocation percentage (xx.xx) or chose not to allocate.
- Scroll down to the Credits (NYC only) section.
- Enter an amount in NYC household credit and accumulation distribution credit, if applicable.