Below, you'll find answers to frequently asked questions about Kentucky city returns:
How do you generate Kentucky city returns?
Currently, Lacerte only supports Lexington and Louisville city returns for Kentucky.
- Go to the Profile tab.
- Locate the Add a city return search bar.
- Select Lexington and/or Louisville.
- From the Input Return tab, go to State & Local ⮕ Taxes ⮕ KY City Return.
- Under General Information, select the city from the field City name.
- Enter applicable information as needed.
What Kentucky city returns does Lacerte support?
Lacerte only supports Louisville and Lexington.
When printing a Local/City Income Tax return, can you remove the Local Tax Envelope slip sheet from printing with any copy of the return?
No, you can't. Local Slip Sheets print automatically, despite what you chose for the State Slip Sheets in User Options' Items to Print.
If there aren't entries in the Detail screen for a Local Taxing Authority Filing Address, the slip sheet will still print with just the taxpayer's name and address.
One solution is to print a partial return and leave the Slip Sheets box unmarked for the Local/City return.