Accessing data after canceling Intuit Hosting
When you cancel your subscription, you have 14 days to retrieve your data from the hosted environment through the Right Networks File Manager.
How to download your data
Small files and folders can be copied from the hosted environment and then pasted locally. To copy, you can use Ctrl+C (keyboard shortcuts work by default in the hosted environment when it's maximized) or select the Home tab in File Explorer and use the Copy button.
For larger files and folders, using the Right Networks File Manager is the better option.
Locating your tax data
See the following links for information on where to find Lacerte or ProSeries data if you need to locate your tax data before downloading from the Right Networks environment to your desktop or local server:
Zipping a file or folder
To zip in the hosted environment:
- Open File Explorer.
- Highlight the file or folder.
- From the Share menu, click the Zip button.
Using File Manager to download
- Sign in to the Right Networks File Manager.
- The Right Networks File Manager should be accessed locally, outside the hosted environment.
- In the left column, highlight the drive or folder that contains what you want to download.
- On the right, highlight the desired file or folder.
- Unzipped folders selected to download will be automatically downloaded as a zipped folder.
- Click the blue ↓ and browse to where you want to save the download.
- Select Save.
- Once the download finishes, unzip, and then restore the files to the desired location.
- For Lacerte, if you canceled and are downloading your Option folder, the opmaster and opt files will be pointing users to the I:\ drive for data and options. It's suggested that you use your original local options when available. Otherwise, these files would need to be edited to direct the program to the desired path or not restored with the rest of the options.
- Open File Explorer.
- Highlight the zipped file or folder.
- Select the Compressed Folder Tools Extract tab that appears.
- Click on the Extract all button.
If you would like assistance to download your data, contact a Hosting expert to make sure all of your data is downloaded successfully.
For more information on how to contact Lacerte, as well as our operating hours, see here.
For more information on how to contact ProSeries, as well as our operating hours, see here.