This article uses YY to reference the tax year in 20YY format.
Switching between standalone and network installations of ProSeries Professional in Right Networks for Intuit Hosting
- Use the red Logoff button on your remote desktop to sign out of the hosted environment, and have any other users in your firm for whom you're following these steps for sign out, too.
- Log in to your Right Networks My Account portal.
- Go to the Users tab, then select a user by clicking on their name.
- Users with the User (catalog) role will be taken directly to where they can install apps for themselves.
- Users with the User (no catalog) role will need the Account Owner or someone with the Account Admin role to remove then install the apps for them.
- In the Installed section, select Remove App for each year of ProSeries that was previously installed.
- Once all years are removed, scroll down to the Available section.
- Click Install App for all years needed, being sure to select the correct version (Standalone) vs (Network).
- You don't have to wait for a year to finish installing before moving on to the next install. You can install them all at once.
- Select Home at the top left of your screen, or use the back button in your browser, to return to the landing page for your account.
- Repeat steps 3 through 6 for each remaining user.
- After the correct version has been installed, you'll need to move your clients and options over for each year installed.
Switching clients and options from standalone to network
It's suggested to rename the ProWinYY folders in I:\ProSeriesYY adding OLD at the end to make it clear these standalone locations are no longer being used.
Switching clients and options from network to standalone
It's suggested to rename the ProNetYY folders in I:\ProSeriesYY adding OLD at the end to make it clear these network locations are no longer being used.