This error can appear when attempting to increase your Pay-Per-Return (PPR) balance. To successfully increase your Pay-Per-Return account balance, your customer number and firm ZIP code must match our records.
Before you start:
- Unlocked years of the program can cause these errors. For more information on unlocked years of the program, see here.
- For TY19, TY20, and TY21 versions of program, we recommend starting troubleshooting off by updating the program first.
To review your customer number and ZIP code:
- From the Tools menu, select Options.
- Select Firm/Preparer Info on the left.
- Make a note of the ZIP code showing for the firm. You'll need this in the following steps.
- Select General on the left.
- Select the Customer Information button.
- Make sure the Customer Number shown matches the customer number on your current year packing slip. This number may be different than prior years.
- Make sure the 'SOLD TO' Zip Code matches the one you saw in step 3. Change it here if needed.
- Click OK to return to the options screen.
- Click OK to close out of the options screen.
- Attempt to increase your pay-per-return balance again.
After completing these steps, the information in your program should match our records. If you did not have to update your customer number or ZIP code, contact Customer Support.