Before you start:
- This article references default installation paths and uses YY to reference the tax year in 20YY format. C: will always indicate the local drive and X: will always indicate the network drive.
- The Tax Planner usually comes out in late February of the calendar year. For example, the 2020 Tax Planner is released in February 2021.
To perform the installation:
- In the Windows search box in the taskbar, type 2021 Lacerte Websetup.
- Select Next once the welcome screen appears.
- On the Select Programs to Install screen, select Lacerte Tax Planner.
- If the Lacerte Tax program has already been installed, it may be unselected.
- Make sure the default install location is C:\Lacerte\21TaxPln.
- In the Review Current Settings screen, confirm the settings, then select Install.
- When you see Installation Complete select Finish.