Before you start:
- This article references default installation paths and uses YY to reference the tax year in 20YY format. C: will always indicate the local drive and X: will always indicate the network drive.
- If you're installing Fixed Asset Manager to a network, make sure that the mapped drives are all set to the same drive letter.
- Close any year of Fixed Asset Manager and ProSeries you have open.
Downloading the current year of Fixed Asset Manager install file:
- Sign in to My Account.
- Enter your user ID and password.
- Select Sign In.
- To the right of FAM Fixed Asset Manager - ProSeries select the Download 2021 button.
- Once the download is complete, press Ctrl + J to open your download folder.
Installing Fixed Asset Manager
- Once you have downloaded fixed asset manager, press CTRL+J to open your downloads folder.
- Double click on the PSFAMInstallerTY21.exe file to start the installation.
- Select Next on the welcome screen.
- Accept the terms of the license agreement and select Next.
- Review the installation folder and select Next.
- If you are installing Fixed Asset Manager to a network make sure to use the Change button to choose a folder that is accessible by the workstation computers.
- The install folder must have a folder name that is different from prior year versions of Fixed Asset Manager.
- Do not choose the root directory of a drive, make sure a folder name is present.
- Installing to the root directory will cause the install to fail with the error: "A problem occurred during installation."
- When the install is complete select the Launch Fixed Asset Manager Readme to finish the installation.
Installing Fixed Asset Managers on workstations
- Go to the workstation computer.
- Browse to X:\FamWin21\WKSTN
- Run the Setup.exe file.
- Follow the on screen setup wizard to finish setting up the workstation.
- Repeat for each workstation in the office.
- Additional information is available in the Fixed Asset Manager User's Guide.