Before you start:
- This article will help you add ProSeries 2021 to your Right Networks remote desktop. If you don't use Intuit Hosting for ProSeries, see How to download next year's ProSeries, instead.
- Use the red Logoff button on your remote desktop to sign out of the hosted environment, and have any other users in your firm for whom you're installing ProSeries 2021 sign out, too.
- If you need to install prior year software, refer to the Installing apps section of ProSeries Intuit Hosting onboarding and setup guide.
Follow these steps to add ProSeries 2021 to the hosted environment:
- Sign in to your Right Networks My Account portal.
- Go to the Users tab, then select a user by clicking on their name.
- Users with the User (catalog) role will be taken directly to where they can install apps for themselves.
- Users with the User (no catalog) role will need the Account Owner or someone with the Account Admin role to install the apps for them.
- You'll see a screen showing the user's installed applications. Scroll down to the Available section and locate 2021 Professional Tax (Network) if you have a Network License or 2021 Professional Tax (Standalone) if you don't have a Network License.
- Click the Install App button.
- The installation will begin, and when it's complete, you'll see 2021 Professional Tax join the Installed section.
- Select Home at the top left of your screen, or use the back button in your browser, to return to the landing page for your account.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 for each remaining user.
When you next login to the hosted environment, you'll see the 2021 ProSeries Tax icon on your desktop.
This app has been blocked by your system administrator
If you were logged in to your hosted environment at the time the program was being installed, you'll receive an error when you open ProSeries 2021:
"This app has been blocked by your system administrator. Contact your system administrator for more info."
You'll need to log off appropriately. Use the red Logoff button to sign out of the hosted environment. If you are missing this icon, right-click on the Start/Windows icon, select Shut down or sign out and choose Sign out.