Before you start:
- This article will help you add Lacerte 2021 to your Right Networks remote desktop. If you don't use Lacerte's Intuit Hosting, see How to download and install Lacerte, instead.
- Use the red Logoff button on your remote desktop to sign out of the hosted environment, and have any other users in your firm for whom you're installing Lacerte 2021 sign out, too.
- If you need to install prior year software, refer to the Installing apps section of Lacerte Intuit Hosting onboarding and setup guide.
Follow these steps to add Lacerte 2021 to the hosted environment:
- Sign in to your Right Networks My Account portal.
- Go to the Users tab, then select a user by clicking on their name.
- Users with the User (catalog) role will be taken directly to where they can install apps for themselves.
- Users with the User (no catalog) role will need the Account Owner or someone with the Account Admin role to install the apps for them.
- You'll see a screen showing the user's installed applications. Scroll down to the Available section and locate 2021 Lacerte Tax.
- Click the Install App button.
- The installation will begin, and when it's complete, you'll see 2021 Lacerte Tax join the Installed section.
- Select Home at the top left of your screen, or use the back button in your browser, to return to the landing page for your account.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 for each remaining user.
When you next login to the hosted environment, you'll see the 2021 Lacerte Tax icon on your desktop. Before using it, you'll need to download your prep file and place it in your firm's Option21 folder.
- Open Google Chrome in your hosted environment.
- Sign in to your Intuit My Account dashboard.
- Select Download Prep File.
- Once the download is complete, locate the PREP.21 file at the bottom left of your browser. Click the arrow beside it, and select Show in folder.
- A File Explorer window will open showing where the prep file was saved. Select the PREP.21 file so it's highlighted.
- Copy the prep file.
- You can use Ctrl+C (keyboard shortcuts work by default in the hosted environment when it's maximized) or select the Home tab in File Explorer and use the Copy button.
- Then, on the left hand side of this window, select This PC.
- Browse to I:\Lacerte\21tax\Option21.
- Note: The I:\ drive will be named after your firm's name.
- Paste the prep file inside.
- You can use Ctrl+V or select the Home tab in File Explorer and use the Paste button.
This app has been blocked by your system administrator
If you were logged in to your hosted environment at the time the program was being installed, you'll receive an error when you open Lacerte 2021:
"This app has been blocked by your system administrator. Contact your system administrator for more info."
You'll need to log off appropriately. Use the red Logoff button to sign out of the hosted environment. If you are missing this icon, right-click on the Start/Windows icon, select Shut down or sign out and choose Sign out.