Follow these steps to import a W-2:
- Go to the Input Return tab.
- On the left-side menu, select Income.
- Select Wages, Salaries, Tips (W-2).
- Enter the Employer identification number (EIN).
- A Get my W-2 box will appear.
- Select the employer and select Continue.
- Enter the Social Security number, Box d Control Number, and Box 1 amount from the W-2 you received.
- Select Get my form.
- You'll see a W2 Import Summary. Make sure the items shown here are correct.
- Select Import.
If your employer doesn't allow automatic import, you'll see a message that says "We don't support connecting to your employer just yet." W-2 information will need to be manually entered.