This article will help you determine what types of data you can import, and import spreadsheet data to your clients' tax returns.
Before you start:
- Only Excel files (.xls or .xlsx) or comma-separated value files (.csv) can be imported.
- Only the first worksheet in a file will be imported.
- We recommend using the quick start templates and data rules found below to organize your clients' data before importing.
Follow these steps to import data:
- Go to the Input Return tab.
- At the top right corner of your screen, click Import Data.
- Select Import and choose the appropriate import type.
- Click Choose File to navigate to the spreadsheet on your computer.
- Select the spreadsheet, and click Open.
- Click the Next button at the bottom right of your screen.
- On the Map data screen, click Select Heading to select the column header that matches your data.
- Repeat this step for all columns you wish to import.
- Click the Next button.
- On the Review & import screen, review all of the items that are going to be imported.
- To ignore a particular row, un-check the box on the left side of the row.
- To make other changes, click the Previous button at the bottom right of your screen.
- Once you're satisfied with the data, click the Import button.