This article will help you:
- If you installed the wrong edition of ProSeries
- If ProSeries Basic doesn't have the necessary forms to complete a complex calculation that needs to be completed in ProSeries Professional
To copy the files:
- Open the edition of ProSeries you need to move the files to.
- If the file was created in ProSeries Basic and you need to complete it in ProSeries Professional, open Professional.
- If the file was created in ProSeries Professional and you need to complete it in ProSeries Basic, open Basic.
- Make sure you are on the Form 1040: Individual HomeBase View in ProSeries Professional or the 1040 Tab in ProSeries Basic.
- From the File menu, select Client File Maintenance then Restore.
- Select Set Source Directory.
- If the tax returns are currently in ProSeries Basic select the BasWinYY folder and then YYData.
- If the tax returns are currently in ProSeries Professional select the ProWinYY folder and then YYData.
- Slick OK.
- Select the client files you want to copy.
- You can use the Select All button if you need to copy all the files,
- If you need to select just a few returns hold down CTRL when you click on the file names.
- Select Restore Client(s).