This article will help resolve the following e-file critical diagnostic for a single member LLC TX franchise return:
- e-file: Texas requires at least one of the following values to verify the preparer has the authorization of the taxpayer to prepare the franchise return: 1. Taxpayer's webfile number (security code mailed to all franchise taxpayers). It can be retrieved by calling the Electronic Reporting Section at 1-800-442-3453 or 2. Total Revenue from the latest TX Franchise Tax return by the taxpayer (if zero, the webfile number must be used). The state of Texas will reject the return if the information entered is incorrect. (ref. #16402)
To enter the webfile number or total revenue from the latest TX Franchise Tax return filed by the taxpayer:
- Go to Screen 4, Electronic Filing.
- Select the Texas Miscellaneous section from the lower-left sections menu..
- Enter the webfile number in WebFile # or:
- Go to Screen 54, Taxes > Texas Prior Year Returns.
- Scroll down to the Form 05-163 section.
- Enter the revenue in Total revenue.