This article can help you resolve the following diagnostic Ref. 7199:
- The taxpayer made contributions to an HSA but the type of coverage '1=self-only coverage, 2=family coverage' is not indicated. The type of coverage is a mandatory entry. (ref. #7199)
Form 8889, Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) is required, and will be produced even though entries haven't been made under the Health Savings Accounts screen, if there are entries in either of the following:
- Input Return ⮕ Income ⮕ Wages, Salaries, Tips (W-2) ⮕ Box 12 ⮕ W=W-Company contributions to HSA
- Input Return ⮕ Income ⮕ Pensions, IRAs (1099-R) ⮕ Details button ⮕ Other Information tab ⮕ Qualified HSA funding distribution (traditional and Roth IRAs only)
To generate Form 8889:
- Go to Input Return ⮕ Deductions ⮕ HSA/MSA/LTC Contracts (1099-SA, 5498-SA).
- Select Health Savings Account (8889)
- Make an input of 1 or 2 in the Type of coverage: 1=self-only, 2=family input under the applicable column for Taxpayer or Spouse
- Complete the applicable input for Form 8889 to generate the form properly and remove the diagnostic.