Before you start
We recommend creating a copy of the original return to save the entries as they were filed; however, printing or e-filing from the copied return will incur a new charge. Make the changes, print and e-file from the original return while saving the copy (by default, the return is named Client Name - COPY) for your records.
Follow these steps to amend an 1120S return
- Go to the Profile tab.
- Check the E-File box for both Federal and Federal Amended (if you would like to e-file).
- Go to the Input Return tab.
- Select Other Forms from the left menu.
- Select Amended Return (1120S) (Amended Return).
- Select the box labeled Amending federal return (MANDATORY).
- Enter any other applicable information here.
- Select Amended Return (1120S) from the left menu.
- Enter the Explanation of Changes. Select the + (plus sign) at the top of your screen to add more entries, if needed.
- Use the main input screens to make any changes to amounts on Form 1120S, as you would with an original filing.
- Go to the Check Return tab to verify your entries and double-check the forms are generating correctly.
- Print a new Form 8879-S and obtain a signature (if e-filing). The 8879-S for both the original and amended return should be kept for your records.
Efile amended business returns in ProConnect Tax Online
Frequently Asked Questions - Amended Returns
Trending Business Tax Returns Topics in ProConnect Tax Online
Entering a change of ownership for an S-Corporation (Form 1120S)