ProSeries Professional and Basic do not have a replica Form 1099-S when working on a Form 1040. Amounts on the Form 1099-S and circumstances of the sale will determine how the information will be reported on the return.
Please refer to the IRS instructions for Form 1040 for the appropriate form to report the information.
Possible reporting options include, but are not limited to:
- Schedule D, Capital Gains and Losses
- Form 4797, Page 1, Sales of Business Property
- Form 4797, Page 2, Enterable 4797 Sales of Business Property
- Form 4835, Farm Rental Income and Expenses
- Form 8824, Like-Kind Exchanges
- Adjusted Basis of Home Sold Worksheet
- Home Sale Worksheets, Sale of Your Home
Form 8949 Sales and Other Dispositions of Capital Assets will populate when needed.