ProSeries does not have a 1099-R worksheet in the 1041. This article will help you enter information from the Form 1099-R:
Entering distributions as income:
Per the 1041 government instructions "Any part of a total distribution show on Form 1099-R, Distributions From Pensions, Annuities, Retirement or Profit-Sharing Plans, IRAs, Insurance Contracts, etc., that is treated as ordinary income" should be reported on Line 8; Other Income.
Entering federal tax withholding:
- Press F6 to bring up Open Forms.
- Type PAY and select OK to open the Tax Payments Worksheet.
- Under Part II - Other Tax Payments, enter any federal withholding on line 2.
- Open the 1041.
- Scroll down to the Schedule G - Tax Computation and Payments.
- On line 14 check the 1099 checkbox.