Get answers to frequently asked questions about Education Savings Account and Qualified Tuition Program distributions in Intuit ProConnect.
Follow these steps to enter an education distribution from Form 1099-Q:
- Go to the Input Return tab.
- Select Income from the left menu.
- Select Education Distributions (1099-Q).
- Scroll down to the Qualified Expenses subsection.
- Enter the amounts in the appropriate fields.
- This is mandatory to show any of the distribution as nontaxable.
- Scroll down to the Form 1099-Q subsection.
- Enter the amounts as reported on the form.
- Select the plus sign (+) near the top of your input screen to add another 1099-Q if needed.
ProConnect Tax will generate a worksheet calculating the taxable part of the education distribution.