This article will show you how to enter unemployment compensation in the Individual module of Intuit ProConnect.
Follow these steps to enter unemployment compensation:
- Go to the Input Return tab.
- From the left of the screen, select Income and choose Tax Refund, Unempl. Comp. (1099-G).
- Locate the State and Local Tax Refunds/Unemployment Compensation, etc. (Form 1099-G) section.
- Enter the Name of payer.
- Scroll down to the Federal section.
- Enter the Total received (1).
- Enter any other applicable information on this screen, including federal and state tax withheld.