This article will assist you with entering amounts from Form 1099-G, Certain Government Payments, in the Individual module of Lacerte.
Follow these steps to enter amounts from Form 1099-G in the program:
- Go to Screen 14.2 State Tax Refunds, Unemployment Comp. (1099-G).
- Select the applicable Form 1099-G from the left navigation panel, or select Add.
- Locate the State and Local Tax Refunds/Unemployment Compensation, etc. (1099-G) section.
- Enter the Name of payer.
- Complete any applicable fields in the General Information section.
- For both the Federal and State sections, enter the amounts from Form 1099-G depending on type of payment.
- For example, unemployment compensation or state and local income tax refunds.
- Complete steps 1-6 for each Form 1099-G received.
- Box 4 - Federal Income Tax Withheld - Enter the amount of federal income tax withheld from box 4 of Form 1099-G in Federal Income Tax Withheld (4) (code 6). The amount will be included as withholding in the payments section of Form 1040.
- Box 5 - ATAA/RTAA payments - Enter the amount ATAA payments reported on Form 1099-G, box 5 in AATA payments (5) (code 25). The amount entered is included on the other income line of Form 1040
- Form 1099-G may also be used for payments received on Commodity Credit Corporation (CCC) loans.