This article will show you how to enter 1099-DIV tax-exempt interest dividends in Intuit ProConnect.
Follow these steps for an individual return, 1099-DIV, box 12:
- Go to the Input Return tab, then the Income section.
- Select Dividend Income (1099-DIV).
- Select the Details button to expand the input screen.
- Scroll to the Tax-exempt interest subsection.
- Enter the amount in the field Total municipal bonds.
- This amount will flow to Form 1040, line 2a per the IRS instructions for Form 1040.