Intuit ProConnect doesn't currently have dedicated input fields for 1099-DIV boxes 9 and 10. Follow the steps below to input.
- Go to the input Return tab.
- From the left of the screen, select Income and choose Dispositions (Sch D, etc).
- Select Schedule D/4797/etc.
- Click the blue Details button to expand the input screen.
- Enter the amount shown in Box 9 or Box 10 as Sales price.
- Enter the known basis in Cost or other basis (do not reduce by depreciation).
- Enter the date of the basis investment (if known) in Date acquired (negative date=various).
- Enter the date the corporate was liquidated as Date sold (negative date=various).
- If necessary, use the 1=short-term, 2=long-term [Override] field.
For additional guidance, review IRS Pub. 550.