Enter the information from Form 1098-E on the Student Loan Interest Deduction Worksheet in ProSeries:
- Press F6 to bring up Open Forms.
- Type STU and press Enter.
- Enter the information from your client's form(s) 1098-E in Part I.
- Amount you enter in Part I, column (e) will flow to Part II, line 1 for the Computation of the Student Loan Interest Deduction.
It is important to note the following:
- For tax year 2018 and newer, any deduction allowed will be reported on Schedule 1and will be used for calculating the adjusted gross income.
- For tax year 2017 and prior, any deduction allowed will be reported on Form 1040, Line 33, or Form 1040A, Line 18.